Wednesday, October 7, 2009

what should i choose?

I decided to choose local news and news from the state of Connecticut for my blogs because i feel that since my friends, family, teachers, peers and other people that i talk to live in the same area this might be an interest to them. i picked this topic mainly because i have lived in so many places around the area and my friends from different areas could read my blogs and find out information that they wouldn't normally look up. high school and even a lot of adults are starting to read blogs more and find it an easier way to get the news and information that would be important to them.


The first few places that i looked to get information, even before i picked a topic, was the New Haven Register, The Hartford Courant, The New York Times, and The Washington Post. i found many different articles that i was interested in. although i was interested in them they did not make me want to write about all of them. i found that the articles that were from the state of Connecticut were interesting to me because it was close to my home and may affect my school, work, family, or friends.


while choosing my exact topic i thought of writing things about just random stuff around town and Connecticut. i felt like that was to large of a topic. i began to think of different things to write about. my friend was already doing economic issues in the town and in Connecticut. i thought of laws and legal issues. there is many different small topics within a large topic including : gun laws, driving laws, drinking laws, and drug laws.

all of these smaller topics are important to people my age and older. this would be a helpful blog. during the next few weeks all of these topics will be blogged about.

1 comment:

  1. Kae: I'm glad to read about the beginning of your research project. I look forward to reading some more. What I'd like you to do is narrow your topic on the legal issues. Start reading about some current legal issues and news in Connecticut and the region. There are several blogs by lawyers who deal with such issues. There are also many important issues in our world that are affected by the law.

    You need to keep moving forward. Keep reading and keep writing.

    Miller

    ps - don't forget to proofread your writing so you present a more polished final copy. :)

    ReplyDelete